Measuring Guide for Customized Curtains
Brief steps of measuring the window size:
Curtain Rod Length: Measure the length of your curtain rod or track from end to end. This will determine the width of your curtains.
Width: For standard fullness, multiply the width of your curtain rod by 1.5 to 2. This will give you the total width of the curtains needed for a fuller appearance and proper coverage. If you prefer a more gathered or luxurious look, multiply by a higher factor.
Length: Decide where you want your curtains to fall. For floor-length curtains, measure from the top of the rod to the floor. For sill-length curtains, measure to the desired length, typically just below the window sill. If you want the curtains to pool on the floor for a more dramatic effect, add extra length accordingly.
Header and Hem: Consider the header and hem allowance. The header is the top part of the curtain that attaches to the rod, and the hem is the bottom part that touches the floor or window sill. These allowances may vary based on your preferred style.
Repeat for Multiple Panels: If you have multiple curtain panels, measure each panel individually following the above steps.
Detailed step be step guideline:
We want to ensure that you find the perfect curtains for your windows. Follow these step-by-step instructions to accurately measure your windows and calculate the size of your custom curtains.
Step 1: Measuring the Curtain Rod
- Measure the width of your curtain rod from one end to the other.
- Multiply the width of your curtain rod by 1.5 to 2 if you want a pleated style, this will be the width of your curtains.
Step 2: Determining Curtain Length
A. Floor-Length Curtains:
- Measure from the top of the curtain rod down to the floor.
- Add an extra inch or two for floor clearance.
- This measurement will be the length of your floor-length curtains.
B. Sill-Length Curtains:
- Measure from the top of the curtain rod down to the window sill.
- Add an extra inch or two for desired clearance.
- This measurement will be the length of your sill-length curtains.
C. Below Sill-Length Curtains:
- Measure from the top of the curtain rod down to the desired length below the window sill.
- Add extra inches for desired drape or aesthetic effect.
- This measurement will be the length of your below sill-length curtains.
D. Multiple Panels:
- If using multiple curtain panels on one window, measure each panel individually.
- Measure from the top of the rod to the desired length for each panel.
- Note any variations in window size or desired curtain length for each panel.
Tips for measuring width of pleated curtains:
To achieve a desired fullness and coverage, use the following formulas to calculate the width of your curtains:
A. For a Standard Fullness:
- Multiply the width of your curtain rod by a factor of 1.5 to 2.
- This will provide a standard fullness for your curtains.
B. For Extra Fullness:
- Multiply the width of your curtain rod by a factor of 2 to 2.5.
- This will provide an extra fullness for a more luxurious look.
Total Width for Standard Fullness: Total Width = Curtain Rod Width x 1.5 to 2
Total Width for Extra Fullness: Total Width = Curtain Rod Width x 2 to 2.5
Remember to measure carefully and accurately, allowing for any desired fullness or draping effect. It's always a good idea to double-check your measurements before purchasing or ordering curtains to ensure a proper fit and a visually appealing look.
We hope this measuring guide has been helpful in ensuring accurate measurements for your custom curtains. If you have any further questions or need assistance, our customer support team is here to help.
firstname.lastname@example.org for help!